The lodge is a large, characterful two-storied house with guest accommodation in three bedrooms or suites downstairs and two bedrooms up.
• a common guest area of two large comfortable living rooms where you’re welcome to relax, read and listen to any of the CDs you’ll find there.
• a large front deck for breakfast and for relaxing on at any time
• a library which includes books on NZ history, plants, birds and maori culture and other books we think you might find interesting
• free wi-fi in all rooms as well as a guest laptop for internet access.
• tea and coffee making facilities are in the lodge kitchen where you’ll find organic coffees, teas and herbal infusions
• the lodge is not self catering but you’re welcome to keep snacks in the fridge as space allows
• a selection of wine and beers for sale.
• Our water is rainwater, filtered and sterilized and beautiful for drinking. No need for expensive, environmentally wasteful bottled water. Refill your bottle from any tap.
RUSSELL VILLAGE CENTRE is an easy 8-10 minute stroll away. It has a good selection of restaurants, cafes, takeaways and shops including a post office, bookshop, bank, pharmacy and medical centre. The Russell wharf is right in town and where the Paihia passenger ferries and the various cruise boats dock. You can view a video about Russell here.
We have excellent parking in our large car park at the rear of the house. It’s flat and so just a few steps from your car to your room. Note, though, that the park is accessed from a different street (Brind Rd) to our front gate (Florance Ave). It’s easy to find, just follow the directions on our Directions page
If you don’t have a car we can arrange for transport for you to and from Paihia where you can catch the Russell ferry and we’ll meet you (and drop you back) at the Russell wharf.